BID Camborne Year Three (April 2014 – March 2015)
Summary of Year Three Projects
- Spring Bunting – black and gold bunting put up in April before Easter and remaining up until the end of May – after the half term holidays to brighten the town.
- Summer Bunting, – multi-coloured bunting put up in June and stayed up until the end of September to dress the town for summer.
- Your Essential Guide to Camborne – Edition 2. 15,000 copies of this guide were printed with Royal Mail delivering a copy to all 11,000 addresses in TR14 in May 2014, in addition to local distribution through businesses. This publication targeted residents and had a business listing for every levy paying business in town in spring 2014.
- Value Parking, a partnership project with Cornwall Council in Rosewarne Short Stay car Park, which started in February 2014 and ran until 31st March 2015. Charges were 50p for 1 hour, £1 for 1-2 hours and £2 for up to 3 hours in this car park during this time.
- August Fun Fridays – every Friday in August activities were put on in town and promoted with adverts in the West Briton and through our digital media routes to encourage footfall.
- New Clean-up projects started this year included pressure jetting the pavements in the centre of town. Cory undertook this work on behalf of BID Camborne.
- A new graffiti removal contract was set up to remove graffiti from BID Camborne Levy paying businesses. This project is continuing into year 4, so if your building is a victim of graffiti, get in touch and BID Camborne will sort it for you.
- Commercial Square – BID Camborne worked with partners to improve behaviour in Commercial Square. This is an on-going project.
- Vacant Shop Display in 8 Trelowarren Street –this unit is currently not available for let so the map display was put up in April 2014, featuring the value parking, the Guide and the businesses in town. The display stayed up all year.
- Developing new branding for Camborne Town started in spring 2014 with the ‘What’s Your Story’ consultation. From this consultation brand options were developed. A logo vote took place in May 2014 and from this the new town brand has been developed. Christmas 2014 was the first time the new branding was used. This branding will continue to be rolled out for the rest of this BID term.
- Christmas in Camborne 2014. Christmas is a big project for BID Camborne, including, Lights, Tree, Switch-on Event featuring Titan and BBC Cornwall’s Lawrence Reed, Christmas in Camborne 2014 Guide (7,000 copies), Free Parking on 5 Saturdays in Rosewarne, Santa’s Bench, the Snowman, Santa’s Grotto and launch of #Choose Camborne Campaign, including advertising in the West Briton, Packet and on Pirate FM as well as the town social media accounts.
- Refreshing the Company website The refreshed website launched on 20th February 2015. We have refreshed this website for levy payers so it clearly communicates what BID Camborne does and provides you with information we hope you find useful. .
- BID Camborne News – The fortnightly e-newsletter for levy payers moved to Mail Chimp in February 2015. To sign up just add your email address via our homepage.
- PR support for Camborne – During this year BID Camborne worked with MPAD, a Cornwall PR agency on various stories to positively promote the town and your businesses.
- Events – We also supported footfall driving events & activities including Trevithick Day, the music festival and the Tough Dough Second Bite Art trail project.
Theme 3 – Best for Business
Workshops: BID Camborne promotes business training opportunities relevant to businesses. BID Camborne will only consider offering training directly if businesses request it;
Business Website: Work on the town website continues, working towards launch on 24th July 2015.
Social Media accounts: Facebook and twitter accounts actively promoting Camborne.
Lobbying and Representation is a theme 3 project for BID Camborne. During this year BID Camborne participated in 3 major consultations on behalf of businesses in the town:-
- Cornwall Council Budget Cuts Consultation – In Autumn 2014 BID Camborne attended 2 consultation meetings and put in a written response to Cornwall Council budget cuts consultation re £196 million over the next 4 years. Attending these meeting and putting our views kept Rosewarne Toilets open during this winter period 2014/15. You can read the written response here.
- Rosewarne Car Park charges 2015/15 BID Camborne, working with Camborne Town Council, Camborne Chamber and Regeneration Forum put in a joint business case response to Cornwall Council’s price increase proposals for Rosewarne Car Park for 2015/16. Read the letter submitted here. As a result of this response Cornwall Council reduced the proposed 1-2 hour charge from £1.70 to £1.40. (Still too high for our liking).
- Camborne Town Council Corporate Plan Camborne Town Council published a draft corporate plan in March 2015, inviting comments from the public by April 1st . BID Camborne, Camborne Chamber and Camborne Regeneration Forum have submitted a joint consultation response to the corporate plan which can be viewed here.