There were two main focuses for the second year of the Bid Camborne project; environment and promotion and best for business
BID Camborne Year Two (May 2013 – Apr 2014)
In year two we had two main focuses; Environment and Promotion along with Best for Business. As well as the continuation of the good work of year one, we were able to progress many objectives to the next level and begin processing new jobs. New focuses included; a new operating agreement stating the levels of service to be delivered, working with THI on improving public realms, improving signage, offering free workshops and much more free parking.
Plenty of parking was negotiated in BID’s second year. Free parking was offered on Saturdays in December and January. Better value parking has been available since February.
One of the many factors that went into helping the town look more vibrant was the colourful spring and summer bunting.
Summary of Year Two Projects
Environment and Promotion
- Christmas –We installed festive lights all over the town centre and the new Christmas tree went up in the square. “Santa’s bench” was added to Cross Street and roughly 3,000 people turned up to see the lights being switched on.
- Dressing the town – Spring and Summer bunting was displayed while work on floral and greening presentations continued. Vacant shop windows exhibited artwork promoting the town, including a town map in the latter part of the year.
- Services – An operating agreement was signed stating the expectation of the services being delivered along with a contact card being provided to businesses with a host of useful points of contact.
- Representation – BID Camborne has representation at ‘Safer Camborne Group’ meetings. Safety on Commercial Square is a main focus.
- Free parking – Offered on Saturdays throughout December and January. Better value parking was available from February.
- Free workshops – We worked with various partners to put on workshops focussed on training for businesses in Camborne. The classes included; food hygiene, finance training, website support and meetings to develop training programmes.
Best For Business
- Branding – Research and public consultation began for Camborne’s new branding, with an aim of being introduced towards the beginning of year three. A new website will launch in Summer 2015.
- Marketing – A new marketing plan was drawn up for levy players that includes; fortnightly email newsletters, quarterly hard copies, the Camborne Can Do website and a welcome pack for new businesses.